Event & Community Coordinator Europe
POC is a Swedish company with a strong mission to protect lives and reduce the consequences of accidents for athletes and anyone inspired to be one. The Events & Community Coordinator will play a key role in spreading our brand mission, increasing brand awareness, executing go-to-market plans and helping to expand our audience – to encompass a larger subset of cycling, mountain bike, snow sports and active lifestyle minded customers.
The Events and Community Coordinator for POC Europe is an essential position in the planning and execution of consumer and trade focused programs and events. The person will oversee and help support the POC brand in the following aspects: Grassroots sponsorships, Ambassador sponsorships, Events, Event Sponsorships and Retail Marketing aspects. The Events & Community Coordinator needs to be personable, engaging and capable of representing the brand in various settings and is the ultimate brand ambassador leading by example both personally and professionally as a stalwart advocate of the brand. This position must be able to clearly map out and communicate the goals and objectives of the regional ambassador sports marketing program and events in both short and long-term vision. The person will play a critical role in the effectiveness of POC’s marketing efforts and will work closely with the Marketing Manager and greater marketing, brand and sales team. The position reports to the POC Marketing Manager Europe that will provide support & direction.
The role will be responsible for ideation, collaborating and developing brand activation plans – while budgeting, managing, and executing upon the following areas for marketing aspects in Europe:
• Propose, plan, manage and execute events and concepts and community programs within the outlined budget and the support of the Marketing Manager
• Develop and execute annual event, local sports marketing and tradeshow calendar
• Manage event reporting for post-event recaps for the POC team with learnings, areas of opportunities, continuous improvement and ROI
POC regional athletes and ambassador program
• Expand and execute the exiting POC Aspired Collective program in Europe: scouting, recruiting, building network, product seeding
• Develop and maintain process for ambassador/sponsorship submissions and manage the review and evaluation process of the program
• Run ambassador program to be on-brand and increase reach across multiple mediums and promote a community approach to the program with members
• Assist marketing team with retail marketing aspects, marketing tools / go-to-market tools distribution and retail marketing activations
• Act as a brand representative at events, with media, ambassadors, consumer and customers
• Support the Management Team in maintaining a fun place to work. Participates as part of the Europe POC brand and marketing team, driving positive collaboration across departments
Note: the employee may be requested to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Qualifications and details
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 1-3 years in Marketing or sports industry
Experience and skills:
• Strong service mind, highly organized, efficient, helpful, proactive and energetic
• Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
• Solid critical thinking, creative thinking and problem-solving skills
• sports marketing and/or retail marketing experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint & Skype for Business
• Understanding of social media channels: Instagram, Facebook etc.
• Passionate active cyclists, skiers or snowboarders and active-lifestyle-outdoor minded people preferred
• Fluent in English
• Passion for sports
• Position details: Full-time position with benefits
• Reports to: Marketing Manager Europe
• Location: Based in Salzburg
• Ability to travel 20-25% annually, valid passport
• Driving License: B
• Benefits: Fitness-Studio, Lunch vouchers, parking garage subsidy, Products
Salary: For legal reasons, we are obliged to point out the minimum salary for this position according to the collective agreement 2020, which is 1675.- EUR gross per month. However, our attractive salary packages are based on current market salaries depending on your experience and skills.
If interested, please send us your complete application documents (including CV, photo, certificates) via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
POC Austria GmbH