Approaching every obstacle with creativity and the inspiration to do things differently has always been the ethos we have shared with Fabio Wibmer. Now, as he leads and reimagines what is possible on a bike, and as we continue to lead and innovate in the development of award-winning protection, we’ve come together to develop the exclusive Fabio signature series. Everything in the series features details designed by Fabio himself.
The Coron Air SPIN has been designed to deliver performance protection all day long. Taking POC’s whole-helmet approach to design and construction to deliver superior levels of comfort, fit and performance, the Coron Air SPIN features optimized ventilation channels to ensure airflow is maximized at both low and high speeds, making it ideal for all-day use, especially during transfers between Enduro stages.
Other features developed as part of our whole-helmet approach include SPIN (Shearing Pad INside) our patent-pending silicone pad technology system; removeable cheek pads for extra protection on the way down and increased ventilation when riding between Enduro race stages. The helmet’s specially formed ear chambers are designed to minimize the negative effect on balance and hearing associated with wearing a full-face helmet. A fiber glass shell and a multi-impact EPP liner provide high impact performance, durability and low weight. Developed in collaboration with POC Team athletes Martin Söderström and Robin Wallner, the Coron Air SPIN provides protection trusted by the professionals.
To introduce his new POC collection, Fabio Wibmer planned something big.
Gathering a crew of cameramen, a photographer, his trusted stunt double and a renowned director they head to Saalbach to present the new “Wibmer style” POC helmets, kneepads, elbow pads, sunglasses and goggle.
But some plans just aren’t meant to work especially when, at first, Fabio’s stunt double is injured – forcing the Austrian to do all the riding himself – and secondly, the director has very specific ideas about what a “good” production should be.
Luckily, in the end everything lives up to the Fabio Wibmer standard.
Item No. 10667
Certified downhill and enduro specific fullface helmet with fibreglass shell construction
- Superior ventilation due to innovative air flow and vent design.
- Lightweight, specifically designed to be worn all day.
- Helmet integrated with patent pending SPIN (Shearing Pad Inside) pads.
- Emergency removable cheek pads for added security in the case of a head or neck injury.
- Ear chambers designed to support improved balance and hearing.
- Chin bar constructed for optimized protection and easy breathing.
- Break Away visor designed to break off in the case of an impact to protect the rider’s neck.
- Multi-impact EPP liner.
- All internal padding can be removed for washing.
- Simple and effective buckle fastening system for added security.
- Precision and seemless fit with new Ora mountain bike goggle.