POC Layer is an innovative approach to protecting ski racers from cuts and abrasions. By combining the protective qualities of Dyneema fabric within a technical base layer, ski racers have a simple but highly effective protective barrier to injury from sharp edges. The Dyneema fabric, which has been tested for cut resistance under EN 388:2004, is strategically located to ensure that areas most exposed to cuts or abrasion are protected, notably the collar, neck, under arm and along the sleeves. To allow a ski racer the ability to focus and perform, the jersey has also been designed with a high level of comfort and flexibility.
A diagonal zip collar, semi raglan sleeves and an extended center back length provide a large freedom of movement. The Jersey can be complemented by POC layer tights which when worn together provide the perfect race protection. When worn in combination with a POC Skin GS suit level 4 cut resistance is achieved (out of a maximum of 5) as tested under EN 388-2004.
Item No. 57021
- Tights mixed with a Dyneema® fabric layer to prevent injury from sharp edges
- Level 2 cut resistance achieved under EN 388:2004, level 4 cut resistance achieved when paired with POC ski suit (5 is maximum)
- Dyneema® fabric strategically placed to reinforce areas most exposed to sharp edges
- Highly flexible and lightweight main fabric
- Good wicking and moisture management properties
- Good level of warmth
- Competition/race fit
- Designed to be worn with a race suit
Measure the circumference of your chest, waist, and hips for jerseys, jackets, and vests. Measure the circumference of your waist and length of your inseam for shorts, pants, and bibs.