POC Layer is an innovative approach to protecting ski racers from cuts and abrasions. By combining the protective qualities of Dyneema fabric within a technical base layer, ski racers have a simple but highly effective protective barrier to injury from sharp edges. The Dyneema fabric, which has been tested for cut resistance under EN 388:2004, is strategically located to ensure that areas most exposed to cuts or abrasion are protected, notably the collar, neck, under arm and along the sleeves. To allow a ski racer the ability to focus and perform, the jersey has also been designed with a high level of comfort and flexibility.
A diagonal zip collar, semi raglan sleeves and an extended center back length provide a large freedom of movement. The Jersey can be complemented by POC layer tights which when worn together provide the perfect race protection. When worn in combination with a POC Skin GS suit level 4 cut resistance is achieved (out of a maximum of 5) as tested under EN 388-2004.
Item No. 57021
- Tights mixed with a Dyneema® fabric layer to prevent injury from sharp edges
- Level 2 cut resistance achieved under EN 388:2004, level 4 cut resistance achieved when paired with POC ski suit (5 is maximum)
- Dyneema® fabric strategically placed to reinforce areas most exposed to sharp edges
- Highly flexible and lightweight main fabric
- Good wicking and moisture management properties
- Good level of warmth
- Competition/race fit
- Designed to be worn with a race suit