EF Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for EF Education First – Nippo Signed Helmet Giveaway
These Official Terms and Conditions for EF Education First – Nippo Signed Helmet Giveaway ("Official Rules") apply between you, the participant ("you", "your") and POC Sweden A.B., Nackagatan 4, 116 41, Stockholm, Sweden ("we", "our", "us, POC"), and in relation to the following contest: EF Education First – Nippo Signed Helmet Giveaway (the "Contest").
Please read these Official Terms and Conditions carefully before entering this online Contest and check the box below to indicate you agree to its terms.
By participating in this Contest and checking the box below, you accept these Official Rules as binding and confirm that you meet all the eligibility requirements listed below.
- Description: The POC Contest starts on the 7th of July 2021 00:00 CET and ends on 7th of August 2021 23:59 CET (the "Submission deadline"). Entries received by POC after the submission deadline (see point 5 below) are invalid. The decisive factor for this contest is the time in POC's computer system.
NO PURCHASING OBLIGATIONS ARE REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE. A PURCHASE HAS NO INFLUENCE ON CONTEST OUTCOME.
Participation requirements: Participation in this Contest is open to persons working or residing in the European Union, United Kingdom, Norway and Switzerland and who are at least 18 years old on the day of participation.
To enter the competition, all required information must be provided and submitted to POC in the manner and format described in the Contest participation form. Directors and employees of POC and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, consultants, advertising agencies and immediate family members of such persons are excluded from the Contest. For the purposes of these Official Rules, "immediate family members" include: mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, spouses or spouses. The number of entries for the Contest is limited to one (1) entry per person. Participants who have submitted multiple entries are excluded from the Contest, and all their entries will be canceled. The participants must have access to the Internet and a valid e-mail address and/or active social media account as indicated in the participation form. Also excluded are persons who give untrue personal information, use unauthorized aids or otherwise obtain advantages through manipulation. If necessary, in these cases, profits can subsequently be withdrawn and reclaimed.
- Disclaimer: POC and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, consultants, employees and agencies (collectively the "Released Parties") will not be liable for any of the following, where due to reasons beyond their control : (a) Delayed, lost , misdirected, erroneous, distorted or defective transmissions or inputs; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or other computer or communication-related malfunction or failure; (c) or Contest interruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by incidents beyond the control of POC or due to unauthorized human interference.
- Identity of the participant: In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of a participant, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address or social media account used for the entry will be deemed to be the participant. At the request of POC potential prizewinners must prove that they are the authorized account holder of the email address or social media account associated with the relevant winner's entry. POC reserves the right, at its reasonable discretion, to exclude from the Contest any post that is obviously triggered by a macro, script or other automated process, as well as to verify the legality of the entry and identity of the participant.
- Participation: To enter the Contest, please go to POC.com or the social media site where the Contest is announced within the Submission deadline, complete the entry form (e.g. name and e-mail address or any other information required) and submit the form within the Submission deadline ("Submission").
- Prizes/Prices: EF Education First – Nippo Signed Helmet Giveaway winner(s) will receive the following with the approximate retail value indicated in the currency shown:
- 1 x signed POC Ventral SPIN Helmet in Matt White signed by the EF Education First – Nippo team that is partaking in the Tour de France.
The prizes are awarded by chance only, based on draw by lot. The model, color, accessories and features of the prize winning items will be selected by POC at their discretion and may differ from the photos shown. The price packages each have a sales value of approximately €300,00 (or the value transferred to the local currency of the winner). The prizes cannot be exchanged for cash. All awarded prizes are awarded "as is" and are without any warranty. The prizes cannot be transferred, assigned or replaced. POC reserve the right to substitute a prize with an equal or higher prize if POC is for whatever reason not in the position to provide the original prize.
- Odds; Control: The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of valid entries received. The winners themselves are responsible for the payment of taxes, registration, property rights, fees, royalties, insurance and all expenses associated with the use, registration and use of their prize. This includes VAT and property taxes. POC is not liable for taxes and fees for the prizes.
- Selection of winners and notification: The draw and notification of the winners will take place within 2 weeks of the end of the Contest. The winners will be randomly selected, based on draw by lot, in the presence of an independent observer from all valid and eligible Submissions within the Submission deadline in accordance with these Official Rules. The winners will be notified by POC by e-mail or other communication channel, depending on the Contest entry on the relevant website or social media site. In order to claim a prize, winners must follow the instructions in their email notification and respond within 7 days of the notification. In order to win a prize, winners must confirm within 7 days of receipt of POC’s documents that their address is correct and a waiver of eligibility and disclaimer and any other claims made by POC or Rossignol at their sole discretion completing, signing and submitting POC or Rossignol to legal, regulatory or tax documents. If a winner does not complete and submit these documents within the specified time, the prize may be forfeited. It will then be determined from the other eligible submissions another winner for this prize at random following the above rules. Only up to three (3) other winners can be selected for one prize, otherwise the prize will be forfeited. Once the final winners are determined, the prizes will be sent to them by ordinary mail.
- General indemnification: By participating in this POC Contest, entrants agree that POC, its parent company, subsidiaries, employees and affiliates (“Released Parties”) are only liable for intent, gross negligence, culpable damages to life, body and health, fraudulent concealment of a defect of the prize and/or negligent breach of material contractual obligations. The Released Parties shall be indemnified by the Participant against any liability for injury, loss or damage of any kind (including direct, indirect, negligent, consequential or punitive damages) to persons or property caused by intent or negligence of Participant, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly related to, any possession, misuse, disuse or use of the prize, entry to or participation in the Contest or any activity related to the Contest, including access to and use of the Websites linked to the Contest or any claim of public rights, defamation or breach of privacy or goods.
- Conflicts: This Contest and the Official Rules are governed by the law of the country of residence, namely Austria. Recourse to the courts is excluded with regard to the selection of the winner. For any other potential disputes related to the Contest or the prizes the regular courts at the place of residence of the participant shall have non-exclusive competence.
- Binding effect: By participating in this Contest, you agree to the version of these Official Rules valid at the time of Submission and our decisions in all respects with respect to the Official Rules, Contest and / or the results are final and we do not enter into correspondence or discussion to be bound. All laws and regulations of the country of residence of the participant apply.
- Requirements of the conditions of participation: You can send an e-mail with the subject "POC & Rossignol Official Entry Rules" to receive a copy of these Official Rules.
- Trademark Protection Notice: POC is a registered trademark in the country involved in the Contest.
- Others: Participants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of POC, which are final and binding in all respects. POC reserves the right to suspend or terminate the Contest or any Participant's participation in the Contest should viruses, programming errors, human interference or other causes beyond the control of POC affect the proper administration, safety or security of the Contest or otherwise create a situation where POC will not be able (at their discretion) to conduct the Contest as planned. Participants who fail to comply with the Official Rules, violate any laws, rules, or regulations relating to entering the Contest, manipulate the conduct of the Contest, or exhibit conduct that is detrimental or unfair to POC , the Contest, or any other entrant is (at the discretion of POC) excluded from participating in the Contest. POC reserves the right to exclude persons whose eligibility is in question (and any doubts could not be sufficiently eliminated by the participant), who have been disqualified or whose participation in the Contest is otherwise excluded. Any provision of the Official Rules deemed to be unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permitted and the remaining Official Rules will remain unaffected. The unenforceable provision shall be replaced by an enforceable provision that comes as close as possible to meet the intended commercial purposes. If you have any questions about the Official Rules or the Contest, please send them by e-mail to email@example.com.