IN-HOUSE SALES REPRESENTATIVE - INTERMOUNTAIN
Reports to: Sales Management
Directly Supervises: No Direct Reports
Number of Direct Reports: 0 Direct Reports
Key Internal Customers: Sales, Dealer Services, Managing Director, Finance, Global Marketing
Key External Customers: Retailers and consumers
Budget Responsibility: Managing and responsible for staying within budget for T&E expense account
This position is based in our North American Headquarters in Park City, UT. The expectation is that this role carries regular office hours 25+% of the time when not on the road. The In-House Sales Representative is responsible for selling to wholesale accounts within the specified territory. This should primarily consist of specialty brick & mortar snow and bike retailers 12 months a year. This may include but is not all inclusive to trade shows, sell-in, clinicing, sell-through and general service of each account. POC strives to provide best in class service to our customers, which means we expect that same level of service from this position. As an employee of POC, the expectations to support our customers are high, whether that be consumer or retail events (race nights, demos, group rides or retail sales/events, etc.) and we’d expect you to support the customer whether that be from a sales or marketing perspective. Our expectations are to grow the territory both in snow and bike. We are looking for a motivated, passionate sports enthusiast to accelerate revenue growth through many sales and marketing activations.
- Service existing accounts and provide amazing customer service.
- Track and report sales goals along with monthly, quarterly and yearly actuals.
- Prospecting new accounts and distribution opportunities based on POC values, mission and growth expectations.
- Preseasons: Work with all of your accounts to get preseasons in by the deadline and provide recommendations.
- In many cases submitting a proposed order for ease and approval.
- In-person visit to brick & mortar accounts regularly supporting sell-thru and providing recommendations for re-orders.
- Attend and represent POC at consumer events as well as retail events, tradeshows and demos.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Must become intimate with the B2B platform (NuOrder). Will utilize to submit ASAP & Preseason orders as well as send stock fill recommendations to dealers after shop visits.
- Provides management feedback from the market along with monitoring competitors by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, programs, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Resolves customer concerns with urgency and in a timely fashion.
- Works with Sales Management to set, track and achieve seasonal goals.
- Note: This employee may be requested to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Required: University degree preferred
Min: 2-4 years in retail, sales or customer service related role.
Skills and General Experience
- Strong service mind, highly organized, efficient, helpful, proactive, energetic
- Strong leadership, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn internal systems and B2B
- Able to multi-task and withstand pressure in a fast-moving environment
- A professional and positive attitude
- Budget planning and tracking
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Time Management
- Ability to work nights and weekends when duty calls
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, sit or stand for long periods of time and must possess valid drivers license
- Must be able to work cycling and skiing events, some participation required
If interested, please email USA_HumanResources@pocsports.com with your resume and cover letter.